Admission results of joint application to higher education 2017
The higher education institutions will publish the admission results of the spring joint application by June 30 2017. You will receive your results depending on the order of preference of the study programmes you have applied to and the schedules for publishing results.
You will receive an email with a link to the admission results when all the results have been published. The letter includes the admission results of all the study programmes you have applied to in joint application. If you have access to the My Studyinfo –service (Finnish social security number and online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic ID-card needed), you can also access your results letter there. The higher education institutions may also send out information about admission results.
In joint application to higher education, the applicant is usually offered only one study place. After all the admission results have been published, there may, however, be situations where the applicant can choose which offer of admission they wish to accept.
Admission results for study programmes in joint application:
- Student admission process unfinished
- Accepted (a condition set by the higher education institution)
- Accepted (waiting for results from your higher preferences)
- On a waiting list (your number on the waiting list)
- Cancelled or
- You have not received a study place
If your result is “Accepted (a condition set by the higher education institution)”
- There is a condition for you to be admitted (for example: your degree was not yet complete or you were unable to state your final grades during the application period)
- The higher education institution will cancel the admission if you do not meet the condition.
If your result is “Accepted (waiting for results from your higher preferences)”
- You cannot accept this study place before all of the results from the study programmes that you have placed higher on your application have been published
- If you are admitted to a study programme with higher preference before all of the results have been published, this study option will be cancelled, and you cannot accept the study place.
- If you are not admitted to a study programme with higher preference before all of the results have been published, you can accept this study place.
- If you are admitted to a study programme with higher preference after all of the results have been published, you can choose which offer of admission you wish to accept.
- After all of the results have been published, you can accept a study place with lower preference even if you have been placed on a waiting list for higher preferences.
If you have been placed on a waiting list
- If you are on the waiting list, you will be offered a study place if the applicants before you in the queue do not confirm the study place.
The result for a study programme is “Cancelled” if
- You have been accepted to another study programme with higher preference.
- All of the study places have been filled, and your points were not sufficient for receiving a study place.
In the results letter you will also find your points for each study programme and the lowest score for gaining admission.
You can be notified of your results before 30 June if
- you have been accepted to your highest preference,
- you have been accepted to one of your lower preferences and cannot be accepted to higher preferences
- you have been accepted to a lower preference but the results of your higher preferences are unfinished
- you are on a waiting list or you have not been accepted.
If you have been accepted to a study programme, you will receive an email with a link to confirm the study place. Read more about confirming a study place.