Applying in the spring joint application to higher education
Two application periods
There are two application periods in the spring joint application to higher education.
- the first application period is 10 January to 25 January 2017, and includes study programmes conducted in English and University of the Arts study programmes
- the second application period is 15 March to 5 April 2017, and includes mostly study programmes conducted in Finnish and Swedish
If you apply on both the first and second application periods, you must take into account that
- there are two application periods
- there is one application form
- you can choose maximum of six (6) study programmes
- if you apply to all six during the first application period, you cannot apply to any more study programmes during the second application period
- you cannot apply to the first application period study programmes during the second application period and vice versa.
One form, maximum of six study programmes
In joint application, you use only one form to apply to maximum of six (6) study programmes. If the applying for your chosen study programmes takes place on both first and second application period, you cannot apply to six on the first application period but must save space for the study programmes that become available in the second application period.
How to fill in the application form
Once the application periods have ended, you cannot delete the study programmes you have applied to from your application. This applies to both application periods, meaning that after the first application period has ended, you cannot delete any study programmes you have applied to on the first period. Nor can you delete any study programmes, neither from the first nor the second application period, after the second application period has ended.
Once the first application period has ended, the order of the study programmes you have applied to is binding and you cannot change their respective order. However, when the second application period is in effect, you can add study programmes above, between and below the study programmes you chose during the first application period.
How to make changes to my application
You can make changes to your application simply by accessing the link on the application confirmation email you got when you sent in your application during the first application period. You can use this link to access the application editing page and change programmes during the application period. The link will reactivate at the start of the second application period and you can add new study programme choices if you have not already chosen all six choices during the first application period. Please note that this link is personal! Giving it to someone else means that they can make changes to your application. All changes made via the link are binding after the application period in question has ended.
If you have online banking codes from a bank in Finland, a Finnish mobile certificate or Finnish electronic ID-card, you can use them to log in to the My Studyinfo service to view your whole application and make other changes to it.
If you do make changes, remember to check if you need to send or resubmit certificate copies. Read more on How to make changes to your application.
If you cannot access the email link
Make sure you save the confirmation email and the link included in it! If you have lost them, please contact the higher education institution you have applied to directly:
- with UAS the highest preference on your application list
- with universities each one individually.