Results of separate applications
If you are offered a study place either from the joint application or separate applications or both, please read the instructions on accepting a study place and one study place per term provision.
Universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS) inform the applicants about the results of separate applications as they make their decision. If you have applied to several study programmes, you will receive a separate admission letter from each institution.
You will receive the admission letter by email or through post. The result of the admission will also be published in Studyinfo’s My Studyinfo-service.
When will the results of separate applications arrive?
The dates for the results of separate applications vary between institutions. Check the exact dates of admission results from the institution’s own website. From there you can also find extra information as well as more detailed instructions on how to accept the study place.
How do I use the My Studyinfo-service?
- If you have a Finnish ID number and online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic identity card, you can also find the results of your own admission from Studyinfo’s My Studyinfo-service where you can accept the study place.
- You can track your application from My Studyinfo-service. If you are on the reserve list, you can track the progress of your situation.
- Sign in from the link on the top of Studyinfo website. You will need online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic identity card in order to log in.
- Accept the study place according to the service’s instructions.
Were you placed on reserve list and you want to wait for acceptance to a higher preference?
- In some institutions’ separate application you can wait on the reserve list for a higher preference. Usually this means that you have applied to several study programmes in the same higher education institution in separate application.
- Then you will receive a separate notification informing you that you are on the reserve list and you have the chance to wait for a higher preference.
- If you are accepted to a higher preference from the reserve list, you will be offered this study place. The study place you have previously accepted conditionally will be cancelled automatically.
- If you are not accepted to your higher preference, your conditionally accepted study place will automatically become bindingly accepted.
Accept the study place
In order to begin your studies in the university or UAS, you need to accept the offered study place. Accept the study place by following the institution’s instructions by the appointed date, otherwise you will lose the place.
If you have a Finnish ID number and online banking credentials, mobile certificate or an electronic identity card you can also accept a place of study by logging in at the My Studyinfo –service. In other case, return the acceptance letter through mail. Remember that the letter must reach the recipient by the appointed date.
Your acceptance is binding and you may not alter or cancel it later.
One study place per term provision
The one study place per term provision also applies to higher education if the study programme begins in autumn 2016 or after. You can accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree starting in the same semester. The provision applies to joint application and separate applications.
Register in higher education institution and start your studies
In addition to accepting a study place, you also need to register in the higher education institution in question by the appointed time.
Often you will receive the documents you require to be able to register to the higher education institution with your acceptance letter. The required documents may vary from one institution to another. These documents must be delivered to your UAS or university as soon as possible, by the date indicated in the acceptance letter. Please reserve enough time for the postal delivery.
Not all higher education institutions send information on starting their studies directly to the new students. Go to the institution’s website and read the instructions for new students. From the webpages you will also find the exact dates by which you need to register.
Questions about receiving and accepting a study place
If you have any questions regarding the results of your application and/or accepting a study place, please contact the UAS’s or university’s admission services. Higher education institutions are required to provide guidance and counselling for applicants.