Skip to content

Joint application for higher education in spring 2017: 15 March — 5 April 2017 at 15:00 (GMT+2) Appplication period 2. Available study options.


Universities of applied sciences and universities charge a tuition fee from Bachelor’s or Master’s level students studying in languages other than Finnish or Swedish.
EU/EEA area and Swiss citizens are not subject to the charge. Read more on tuition fees.


Information on financial aid for immigrant students

Student is using a computer.If you study in Finland but are not a Finnish citizen, you may receive financial aid for students, provided that:

  • you are registered as a permanent resident in Finland on the population register system; and
  • the purpose of your residence in Finland is other than study (such as work, family ties or repatriation).

Applying for student financial aid

You should submit your application for student financial aid to the Social Insurance Institution (Kela) or to your school. If you have not received student financial aid in Finland previously, you should also enclose an appendix for foreign residents along with your application. Appendix forms are available from your school or the Social Insurance Institution.

More detailed instructions for applying for student financial aid are available on the Kela website.