Skip to content

The Admission results of joint application to higher education will be announced on 30 June at the latest. More information

Finnish and Swedish language courses

Finland has two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. You can study Finnish and/or Swedish language courses at many educational institutions, for example

  • vocational adult education centres
  • folk high schools
  • adult education centres
  • general upper secondary schools for adults
  • language centres at a university or some other higher education institutions
  • open universities or open universities of applied sciences
  • summer universities.

Courses of many different levels and durations are available. Course fees vary, too. You can find further information about courses from the educational institutions and the information service of TE Services (Public employment and business services).

See also

Infopankki – Opportunities to study Finnish and Swedish

Infopankki is a multilingual website providing information to people planning to move to Finland and to immigrants already living in the country. Find local information about studying Finnish and Swedish in the Helsinki region, Tampere, Turku, Oulu, Kuopio, Rovaniemi, South Savo and Kainuu. provides information on Finnish and Swedish language courses for adults. The search site for Finnish and Swedish language courses available in the Helsinki region, where you can search for courses according to level, location and course features.