Towards higher education in Finland
Guidance services and recognition of competence
SIMHE projects (Supporting Immigrants in Higher Education in Finland) are projects aimed for immigrants. The purpose of these projects is to
- make the recognition and comparability of your previous studies easier
- inform you about higher education that interests you and supports your purposes
- support your integration into Finnish society, education and working life.
The decisions about the recognition of previous experience will continue to be made in higher education institutions. Decisions concerning business activities requiring a licence are made by the right officials.
University of Jyväskylä has an SIMHE infopoint that offers guidance and counselling services from 20 April 2016 onward both on location and online for those interested in higher education studies. Your educational background, wishes and possibilities will be detailed in order to help develop the project further.
Helsinki Metropolia UAS will start operating for the project by recognising vocational experience in higher education technology studies. These include
- digital and
- other technical understanding.
After this, the services will be expanded to other fields, especially to those of social and health sciences, art and culture, and economics and business. Counselling services for immigrants who have a higher education degree will start in the beginning of May.
Read more on Helsinki Metropolia UAS’ website.
SIMHE infopoint in the University of Jyväskylä is located in Opinkivi (Keskussairaalantie 2). Counselling is given from Monday to Thursday between 9-12. firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselling and guidance services
- Jyväskylä: SIMHE infopoint in the University of Jyväskylä is located in Opinkivi (Keskussairaalantie 2). Counselling is given from Monday to Thursday between 9-12. email@example.com Read more on SIMHE’s website
- Helsinki: SIMHE, Helsinki Metropolia University of Applied Sciences