Skip to content

Admission results for joint application to higher education are ready. If you are offered a study place in the joint application of autumn 2018 by 29 November accept the study place by 11 December by 3 pm (UTC/GMT +3). If you are offered a study place after 29 November, accept the study place by the given date.


Visas and student residence permits

When you have received a study placement in a Finnish educational institution you may need to apply for a student residence permit or a short-term visa.

For studies in Finland that take longer than three months (90 days), a non-EU/EEA citizen must apply for a student residence permit before arrival. Citizens of the EU/EEA countries are not required to acquire a residence permit, however, they need to register their residence in Finland.

For short term visits, for example studies that takes less than three months (90 days) or participation in an entrance examination, a non-EU/EEA citizen needs to apply for a short-term residence permit, a visa.

More information

Please refer to the following sites for more detailed information and instructions on permit requirements according to nationality:

The Finnish Immigration Service

Visas, residence permits and registration on Study in Finland site